This is the user agreement which governs your use of this website and the purchase by you of the services and products we provide. Not all of the products or services we provide are supplied by us therefore the contract for the product and/or service will be between you and that third party supplier.
General Section – please note that this section relates generally to all products purchased.
1. Please take time to read these terms and conditions. It is important for both of us that you understand our contractual relationship. We will not allow you to purchase any products or services unless you have confirmed that you have read these terms.
2. Explorer Travel acts as a disclosed agent for third party suppliers, such as a travel agent, tour operator, accommodation provider or car-hire Company. What this means is that the contract for the product is between you and the supplier. In most cases this will mean that there are additional terms and conditions governing the contract as each supplier will have terms and conditions relating to that product. Please make sure that you have read these terms and conditions before completing your transaction with us. You can easily request them from our Customer Services department. Where we act as agent this will mean that we have no contractual liability to you in respect of that product. However, we may still be liable to you if we have been negligent or we have misrepresented important information or have been in breach of any other relevant law. On the other hand, for some products, we act as principal. This means that the contract for the product is between you and us.
3. All products sold through Explorer Travel are not an offer by Explorer Travel to sell any product, but an invitation to you to make an offer to our suppliers. We are free to accept that offer on behalf of those suppliers or to reject it. We will send you an e-mail confirming the contract if you are purchasing from the website or through one of our consultants.
4. Where your contract is not with Explorer Travel but with a third party supplier such as a travel agent, tour operator or accommodation provider, Explorer Travel may pass your credit card (or details of any other payment method allowed) and any other essential booking details to that third party. The placing of an order for any goods and services by you will constitute consent to us passing on such details.
5. You undertake to us that the details you give to us are correct in particular that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the product or service.
6. If there are any changes to the details supplied to us by you it is your responsibility to inform Explorer Travel by contacting our Customer Services as soon as possible.
7. We won’t send you e-mails which you do not want but we can’t guarantee that third parties to whom your details are sent won’t do so.
8. It is not our responsibility to stop you from making impossible bookings such as two flights to the same place at the same time or a flight to one place and theatre tickets to another at the same time. If you make that kind of booking we won’t give you a refund.
9. We will do our best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them. However, there may be times when obvious errors occur. For example, very occasionally, this may result in a price, product or service or other detail displayed or presented on our web site being incorrect. In this case we reserve the right to cancel that contract, but this of course will be without any liability to you.
10. Explorer Travel does not make any warranty that the website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties.
Specific Terms – Please note these terms only relate to the purchase of the specific products to which they relate. Please note if there is a conflict or ambiguity between these Special Terms and the General Terms the Special Terms shall prevail:
2. When do we collect data?
We can collect data on you from a variety of different sources these include.
1. When you purchase products or services from the site or via any of our other distribution channels.
2. When you become a subscriber;
3. When you speak to our customer services personnel;
4. Via explicit data capture measures, for example by entering competitions and completing surveys;
In any of the above cases the data we collect could be personal data.
3. What do we do with your personal information?
When you buy anything via the site or give us any personal data as indicated above, we may need to collect information about you to process the transaction, fulfil your order and provide you with the services you expect then and in the future. This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name, your address, your phone number and your credit card details.
4. Unless we have your express consent we will only disclose personal data to third parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. This is of course subject to the proviso that we may disclose your data to certain permitted third parties, such as members of our own group, our own professional advisers who are bound by confidentiality codes, and when we are legally obliged to disclose your data.
5. By becoming a subscriber you consent to receive from us by e-mail our e-newsletter and details of other special offers which we may think may be of interest to you.
6. By subscribing to our XTC e-bulletin you consent to receive from us by e-mail our e -newsletter and details of other special offers which we may think may be of interest to you.
7. Explorer Travel retains and uses your personal information to provide you with the best remote commerce (including electronic and mobile commerce) experience by providing you with a personalised service and to give you details of offers which we think will be of interest to you. We may also use the information to process any transactions you undertake with us and for internal administration and analysis. For quality assurance and training reasons we record most of the calls you make to us.
8. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent.
9. For any of the above purposes we may send your information internationally including to countries outside the EEA. Some of these jurisdictions offer differing levels of protection of personal information, not all of which may be as high as the UK.
1. Session cookies: These are used to maintain something called session state. If you consider your journey through the site to be a conversation with us and this cookie just reminds the site where we were in that conversation. These are required for the site to function but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
2. Permanent cookies: These store a few numbers on your hard drive. You can view them by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation if you are interested. They last for a long time and each time you come to our site you send us a copy of them. We use them to identify you between visits. For instance if you were looking at hotels in London last time you were on the site and we have a great hotel deal we may use this cookie to recognise you and show you our great deal. They are not required for the site to work but may enhance your experience. We do not store any personal data in these cookies, just a unique number that identifies you to us.
3. Third Party Cookies: You may have noticed that we carry advertising from third parties on our site. Occasionally they may send you a cookie. We have no control over these.
Although you cannot block “session” cookies as they are required for our site to function correctly you can configure your internet browser so that it can reject both “permanent” and “third party” cookies. How you do this will depend upon the internet browser you use (for example, Internet Explorer 5, Netscape 4 or Opera etc) and it is therefore impractical for us to detail here how you can reject those cookies. Please refer to the relevant internet browser manufacturer’s website where you should be able to receive all the information you need.”
11. Third Party Advertising
The adverts appearing on our Web site are delivered to you, on our behalf, by our Web advertising partner. Information about your visit to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or any other personal information), is used to serve ads.
In the UK we operate and are registered in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
14. Opt-Out Policy
Explorer Travel Newsletter subscribers have the option to opt-out of receiving further information from us. Please contact our Customer Services to unsubscribe.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you, you can contact us.
(i) Regular Flights
1. When you purchase a flight from Explorer Travel you are using a service provided by one of our third party suppliers.
2. Generally, the more flexible the ticket the more expensive it is likely to be and you need to take various points into consideration before deciding between the fares on offer.
Any booking made or order placed by you shall be deemed an offer by you to purchase the relevant items subject to these booking conditions. Note that often our third party suppliers are selling the tickets as agents for the airlines, which means the contract for the flight product will be between you and the airline.
Please note that for each ticket there are additional terms which are specific to that fare. They may, for example, state that the ticket is non-cancellable or non – refundable, and have other information relating to itinerary and refunds. You must read the FLIGHT RULES for each ticket. You can find the relevant FLIGHT RULES on the Explorer Travel website when you progress through the purchase path.
You are responsible for complying with any airline’s terms in relation to check-in times, reconfirmation of flights or other matters. In relation to flight tickets, you are required to use all flight coupons in order of sequence. If this requirement is not met the airline may void the ticket.
Fares are subject to change without prior notice and are only guaranteed when following confirmation of the contract.
In the vast majority of cases our third party suppliers become aware of the availability of flights tickets for sale because they connect to large databases operated by third parties, which contain that availability. These databases are commonly called General Distribution Systems (GDS) or Central Reservation Systems (CRS), and it is through these GDS/CRS that they purchase the relevant ticket.
Be aware that certain airlines do not maintain “real time” seat availability in the GDS/CRS. Whilst every effort is made to reflect the true situation, instances may occur when airlines cancel sales. Our suppliers will advise you within 48 hours if this is the case and will do all they can to reinstate your booking.
Further, there are a tiny number of airlines which participate in the GDS/CRS, but do not participate in the UK Ticketing plan. In the unlikely event that you purchase tickets from an airline that does not participate in the UK Ticketing Plan, our third party suppliers will be unable to issue the relevant tickets, and will have to terminate the reservation.
In either instance Explorer Travel and our third party suppliers will not be liable for any additional costs incurred in having to purchase new tickets at a higher fare. Payment for tickets will of course be refunded to you if the reservation is terminated by the airline or us.
If it is not possible to get your flight tickets to you (e.g. because your travel date is imminent) we may insist that you have an “e-ticket” generated. This means that you will have to pick up your ticket at your point of departure. Charges may apply for this service
7. Flight Reconfirmation
All onward and return flights must be reconfirmed with the relevant airlines at least 72 hours prior to the commencement of that leg of the journey. Explorer Travel, And our third party suppliers accept no responsibility for bookings cancelled due to non-compliance with rules set by that particular airline. Explorer Travel and our third party suppliers also take no responsibility for any flight rescheduling en route.
In the event of a schedule change it is not always necessary to have your tickets revalidated, however in the event that this is necessary we will inform you in due course and issue new tickets for your to use on your onward journey.
Explorer Travel is very happy to inform you of current documentation requirements if you so require. It is incumbent upon you to ensure that you meet the passport, visa, health requirements of the countries you wish to visit and those that you transit (even if it is for a plane change). Many countries require that your passport should be valid for a period of (a minimum) six months from the date of arrival into that country.
8. Neither Explorer Travel, Our third party suppliers accept any responsibility if you should be denied boarding or deported due to non-fulfilment of the above.
Explorer Travel and our third party suppliers strongly urge you to carry appropriate travel insurance to cover you for cancellation, health, baggage etc. We accept no liability if you fail to purchase an adequate policy prior to travel
10. Airline regulations/conditions of carriage
Please note that in all transactions Explorer Travel and our third party suppliers act as agents of the airlines you have chosen to book on. Please read your travel documents for their conditions of carriage.
11. Cancellation / Amendments
If you need to change or cancel your travel plans, it is your responsibility to notify us in writing of such request. Some tickets are non-refundable, but can be applied (for a limited time) toward future travel, less any applicable penalties. Some tickets do not allow changes.
Explorer Travel and our third party suppliers apply an administration fee of £45 per person for any modifications, changes or cancellations to fares. This will be regardless of the price or face value of the fare.
In addition to our charges, most airlines also have a penalty or cancellation fee for any changes or cancellations to fares. Please ensure you read the FLIGHT RULES for the fare selected as airline charges are notified in those rules depending on whether you wish to cancel or change your flight. If you are holding a booking for which a ticket has been arranged and you do not notify us in writing of your desire to cancel, this will be treated as a “no show” and could result in you losing all that you paid.
If you want to cancel your journey it is important that you notify us in writing with utmost urgency. This enables us to cancel your reservation with the airline. If you already have your ticket please submit it to us.
On receipt of the ticket we will send you an acknowledgement that we have received it. Those tickets which are refundable or cancelled by us will be processed and refunded back to your credit card in approximately 16 weeks from our receipt of the ticket. Some tickets may need to be submitted to the airline for the cancellation and/or refund to be authorized. In this event your refund request may take longer, but we will advise you in our acknowledgement of the expected turnaround period. Please note that most airlines do not refund on part used tickets. Tickets which are returned more than 1 year from date of issue are classified as expired tickets and must be submitted to the airline for their authority to refund.
13. Lost Tickets
If you lose your tickets, it may be possible to re-issue them for a fee. The amount payable will depend on the circumstances of the loss and how close to the travel date you discover it. However, not all tickets can be re-issued; which is another good reason for ensuring you have sufficient insurance cover. Tickets will be dispatched to you in accordance with your instructions and we accept no responsibility for their delivery. Lost tickets which cannot be re-issued are refunded at the sole discretion of the airline; these refunds can take up to one year to be authorized.
As Explorer Travel and our third party suppliers act as an agent this will mean that we will have no contractual liability to you in respect of the flight product. However, we may still be liable to you if it has been negligent; it has misrepresented important information or has been in breach of any other relevant law.
15. Unreasonable behaviour
If in the reasonable opinion of a person acting in authority you are not fit to travel, he or she may refuse to let you board the aircraft. Normally this happens if such person thinks you are likely to disturb or harm other passengers. In this case your contract
(ii) Charter Flights
1. In the sale of charter flights Hays Travel, trading as Explorer Travel act as agents for various third party suppliers. The contract for the charter flight will be between you and the relevant supplier and you will be subject to their terms and conditions.
2. In addition as we incur cost in administrating cancellations and modifications, if you ask us to administer any relevant cancellation and/or amendment on your behalf we will charge an administration fee of £45. Please be aware that this fee will be in addition to any charge you may have to pay the supplier.
(iii) No Frills Flights (Low Cost Carriers)
Note: the service we provide for you in respect of the purchase of standalone (i.e. not part of a package holiday) no frills flights (e.g. from BMI Baby etc) is a different service than the service we provide for the sale of other airline tickets. These special terms apply to that service:
1. In the sale of stand alone no frills flights (e.g. from BMI Baby etc) we will search the relevant no frills database, and then, if you choose to buy, will purchase the flight seats on your behalf directly from the airline. We will receive an itinerary/confirmation email from the no frills airline which we will forward directly to you by email.
2. If you have any query in respect of the flight, please contact our customer services who will approach the relevant airline on your behalf. We will, of course, use our best endeavours to ensure that all of your requests are complied with, however, if the no frills airline imposes any fee or charge on us to effect these changes, we reserve the right to pass on the charge to you.
3. You will be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant no frills flights which will be deemed to be incorporated into this contract. They can be accessed from the relevant no frills website.
C. Package Holidays and other holiday related products (“Holiday Products”)
When you purchase a Holiday Product please remember that, in addition to these terms, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of the third party supplier, such a supplier could include a tour operator or an airline. Please contact our Customer Services who will be able to provide those terms and conditions to you on request.
1. Where the supplier of the Holiday Product allows you to cancel or modify a Holiday Product or service you must contact Explorer Travel in writing of such a request. Unless we receive such a written request Explorer Travel will be unable to effect that request. Please note that because the contract for the Holiday Product is between you and the supplier, Explorer Travel has no discretion in deciding whether the Holiday Product can be cancelled or modified.
2. Any visa, passport and inoculation requirements are your responsibility and failure to obtain the relevant documentation is not the responsibility of Explorer Travel or its suppliers.
3. Please note, some of our Holiday Products are sold “subject to availability” what this means is that we do not confirm your order immediately (your first confirmation e-mail will just be an acknowledgment of order) but we will pass your details onto our suppliers who will check to see if the Holiday Product is available, if it is they will book it for you, if its not they will revert to you directly.
4. If it is not possible to get tickets for Holiday Products to you (e.g. because your travel date is imminent) we may insist that you have an “e-ticket” generated. This means that you will have to pick up your ticket at your point of departure. There may be an additional fee for this service
(i) . Tailor Made Holidays and other holiday related products (“Holiday products”)
During your booking journey on our website or when dealing with one of our agents you may be presented with a selection of flights, accommodations, transfers, car hire and many other travel related products. On selecting any of these products you will be presented with an individual price for each component selected. Selecting 2 or more of these products and building your own holiday itinerary does not create a package holiday as none of the individual components selected are linked and have been provided by different third party suppliers.
(ii) . Supplier Failure Cover
Where you agree to purchase 2 or more different travel related components from us we will automatically include a charge for Supplier Failure Cover. This charge will equate to no more than £5 per person per booking and will financially protect you (maximum sums apply) should any of the suppliers used, cease trading either prior to, or during your holiday/travel. Full details of this cover will be provided to you with your Travel Documents. You agree for Explorer Travel to apply these charges when booking 2 or more travel components.
1. Hotel Bookings/Cancellations / Amendments -
Explorer Travel acts as a booking agent for 3rd party suppliers when confirming your hotel or accommodation. In the event that you would like to cancel or amend your hotel booking, it is your responsibility to notify Explorer Travel verbally or in writing at least 48 hours prior to arrival date.
Explorer Travel applies an administration charge fee of £20 per booking for any modifications, changes or cancellations to your reservation. This will be regardless of the price of your reservation.
In addition to the Explorer Travel charges, most hotels or suppliers may also have a penalty or cancellation fee for any changes or cancellations to reservations. This can often be calculated from the date of amendment / cancellation to the date of arrival, alternatively one set fee. Customer Services will advise you of any charges if you decide to proceed with the changes.
2. All hotel discounts advertised are based on the discounts from the full “rack rate” including VAT and are correct at the time the offers are first advertised. However, please note that some hotels in other countries may also charge local or other taxes, which may not be included in the offer.
3. “Rack rate” is the rate published by a hotel which is the maximum it will charge for any room.
4. If you wish to cancel your hotel room, please contact us. In the event of cancellation for whatever reason you shall be liable to pay Explorer Travel an administration fee of £20. This could be in addition to any cancellation charges any hotel or supplier may impose.
5. Prices stated could be on a per room basis or per night basis and include VAT unless otherwise stated.
6. Please be aware that the hotel room photos are only a depiction of the type of rooms on offer and may not represent the actual room described.
7. Unless otherwise stated, breakfast, lunch and dinner are not included.
8. Star ratings may differ according to the country where the hotel is located and are out of the control of Explorer Travel. Therefore Explorer Travel cannot be held responsible for any misconceptions relating to star ratings.
9. Please note foreign hotel room advertisements displayed on the UK website of Explorer Travel may have room rates identified in both GBP sterling as well as the local currency, or any other currency as requested by the specific hotel supplier. Unless stated otherwise, at the time of final payment, the room rate you will be charged by the hotel shall be as expressed in the local currency (or in any other currency as determined by the hotel) and not in GBP sterling. Please be aware any subsequent conversion of the local currency to GBP sterling by the hotel on your behalf may differ from the GBP sterling room rate advertised on the UK website of Explorer Travel.
E. Car Hire Airport and Car Parking
1. Explorer Travel, and our third party suppliers act as sales agents for a number of car hire and airport parking companies. Your contract is with the third party supplier and Explorer Travel accepts no liability for any such booking.
F. Travel Insurance
1. Please note that the sale of travel insurance on is provided to you by third party insurance suppliers. The contract for the service is therefore between you and the third party supplier on their terms and conditions. Please contact us or the third party supplier directly for a copy of their terms and conditions.
A.B.I. code of practice
Under the Association of British Insurers General Business Code of Practice, we must draw your attention to some important features of your insurance including:
1. Insurance document. You should read this carefully. It gives full details of what is and is not covered and the conditions of the cover.
2. Conditions and exclusions. Specific Conditions and Exclusions apply to individual Sections of your insurance, whilst General Exclusions and Conditions will apply to the whole of your insurance.
3. Health. This insurance contains restrictions regarding pre-existing medical problems concerning the health of the people travelling and of other people upon whose health the trip depends. You are advised to read the document carefully.
4. Property claims. These claims are paid based on the value of the goods at the time you lose them and not on a ‘new for old’ or replacement cost basis.
5. Limits. This insurance has limits on the amount we will pay under each Section. Some Sections also include other specific limits, for example, for any one item or for valuables in total.
6. Excesses. Under some sections of this insurance, claims will be subject to an excess. This means you will be responsible for paying the first part of the claim. The excesses apply separately to each section and to each person claiming, unless otherwise stated.
7. Date change exclusion. Changes in dates could see widespread failures of computer and other systems containing computer chips, which depend on date-related information in order to work properly. Your policy excludes anything directly or indirectly caused by failure of any computer hardware or software or other electrical equipment to recognise or process any date as the true calendar date.
8. Reasonable care. You need to take all reasonable care to protect yourself and your property, as you would if you were not insured.
9. Dangerous sports and pastimes. If you are going to take part in dangerous sports or pastimes where there is a risk of injury, check that this insurance covers you.
10. Customer service. We always try to provide a high level of service. However, if you think we have not lived up to your expectations, please refer to the Complaints Procedure.
11. Cooling-off period. This insurance contains a 14 day ‘cooling off’ period during which you can return it and get a refund if you have a justifiable reason for being dissatisfied with the cover, provided no claims have been made and you have not travelled.
G. Restaurant and Event Packages
1. For the avoidance of doubt, Explorer Travel acts as a disclosed agent for third party restaurants and event ticket suppliers. What this means is that the contract for a Explorer Travel pre-packaged restaurant and event package, comprising a restaurant booking and event tickets is between you and the restaurant and event ticket supplier. There may also be additional terms and conditions governing this contract. Please make sure that you have read these terms and conditions before completing your transaction with us. You can easily request them from our Customer Services
H. Sports, Theatre, Music and Entertainment Tickets (“Tickets”)
1. In most cases for the sale of tickets Explorer Travel is acting as a disclosed agent for a supplier, promoter, team, band or venue (“Supplier”). You will usually be able to find the name and address of the Supplier on the more info section relating to each product, and in all cases in your confirmation email.
2. The contract governing the purchase of the Tickets will contain the terms and conditions of the Supplier. This will mean that ultimately any decisions on cancellation, exchanges and refunds will belong to the Supplier. Please customer services for details of relevant terms and conditions.
3. All Ticket prices that are displayed show separately the face value of the Tickets, any applicable payment processing fees, booking fees and any applicable dispatch or handling charges. All prices are inclusive of any applicable VAT.
4. All Ticket sales may be subject to a per ticket Booking Fee. Tickets will be delivered by one or more of the following: Royal Mail ordinary post, special delivery or available at the box office. If Tickets that are despatched by Special Delivery are returned as “addressee unknown”, we reserve the right to cancel the Ticket booking.
5. If it becomes impractical to post Tickets, due to the proximity of an event, performance or activity or in circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to make Tickets available for collection at the venue immediately prior to the event, performance or activity. You will be notified by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the time of booking) if this becomes necessary.
6. In absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by the Supplier or its employees and agents, you will be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to your Tickets. In the event your Ticket is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, please contact customer services so that we can contact the Supplier on your behalf.
7. As a ticketing agent we do not have any role in setting Ticket prices or determining seat locations. Upon receipt, please check the details of your Tickets as mistakes cannot always be rectified. The Ticket holder has a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the Ticket and the Supplier reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the Ticket.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the terms and conditions of the Supplier. Relevant details are listed in the product information or in the more info section relating to each Ticket. Should you require any further details, please contact the Supplier directly.
9. In exceptional circumstances, the Supplier may reserve the right to make minor alterations to the advertised arrangements and to request latecomers to await admission until a convenient break, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
10. It is your responsibility to check whether an event, performance or activity has been cancelled or rescheduled. Explorer Travel will use its reasonable efforts to contact you in the event of cancellation once we have received the relevant authorisation from the Supplier.
11. The Supplier reserves the right to refuse you admission if in its reasonable opinion, your admission to the venue might be a risk to (a) the safety of the audience and/yourself; and/or (b) affect the enjoyment of members of the audience; and/or (c) affect the running of the event, performance or activity for example if you act aggressively and/or appear to be under the influence of drink and/or drugs. Should this occur you will not be entitled to a refund.
12. Events, performance or activities may be cancelled or postponed by the Supplier for a variety of reasons. In this event, Explorer Travel will not be held responsible for any such cancellations or postponements.
13. You should be entitled to a full refund from the Supplier and if applicable, any Booking Fee if the event, performer, or activity is cancelled, rescheduled or if there is a material change to the subject matter of the Ticket contract that is what you have contracted to see, hire or participate in. Please contact our customer services for information on receiving a refund from the Supplier.
14. In the event of breach of the contract by the Supplier, the Supplier shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense arising out of the breach which was not reasonably foreseeable by the Supplier at the date of the contract for the sale of Tickets, except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any act or omission on the part of the Supplier.
15. If your Ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than Explorer Travel, the event promoter or venue or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the Ticket holder may be refused entry or ejected from the venue.
16. The unauthorised use of photographic and sound or film recording equipment is prohibited. Tapes or films may be destroyed. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and your own food and drink may also be prohibited (please check with the venue).
17. Ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience.
18. There will be no pass-outs or re-admissions of any kind. Official merchandise is usually only available inside the venue.
19. The Ticket holder must comply with all relevant statutes, venue regulations and safety announcements whilst attending the event, performance or activity.
20. Where an age restriction applies for an event, performance or activity, this will be clearly indicated during the Ticket booking process. Please ensure that you carry proof of age if appropriate.
I. Travel and Breaks
1. Flight tickets package holidays and any other related products purchased through Explorer Travel will be subject to the terms and conditions of the operator of your flight or travel component.
2. The relevant airline or tour operator reserves the right to change flight details and routes or holiday details.
3. Any Visa, Passport and inoculation requirements are your responsibility and failure to obtain the relevant documentation and inoculations is not the responsibility of Explorer Travel or the Vendor of the products or services.
4. All hotel discounts advertised are based on discount from the full rack rate including VAT and are correct at the time the offers are first advertised on the website.
5. Prices are advertised on a per room per night basis and include VAT unless otherwise stated.
You will be charged in the local currency by the hotel. Currency fluctuations may occur at the customer’s own expense.
L. Use of the site content
1. The copyright in this website belongs to Explorer Travel. All other intellectual property rights are reserved. This website is for personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website. You may only download to your personal computer for viewing purposes and print out pages from this website for your personal use.
1. Explorer Travel assumes no responsibility for the contents of any other websites to which the Explorer Travel web site has links and shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on such hyper linked sites. Explorer Travel may not have control of such websites. The inclusion of any hyperlinks to such other websites does not mean that Explorer Travel endorses the material on such websites or has any association with the owner thereof.
1. Explorer Travel takes the privacy of its customers’ data very seriously. Please read the following policy to understand how we will treat your personal data when you use our site. If this policy changes then we will let you know via our homepage but we assure you that we only use your data as specified here and for our legitimate business reasons.
1. You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
2. In order to make a purchase you must be over 18 years old be purchasing for yourself and have the legal capacity to make the transaction.
3. You must make sure that all the information you provide to us is true and accurate.
4. You must not use the website for speculative, false or fraudulent bookings.
5. Failure to supply the correct credit or debit card billing address information and/or cardholder details may result in delays to the issue of your tickets and may make the fare(s) subject to increase. Please ensure that the details you give match those on your credit card billing statement. We also reserve the right to cancel tickets after issue if payment is declined or incorrect cardholder details and billing information have been supplied.
Further, in an effort to minimise the effects of credit card fraud, we reserve the right to carry out random checks, including checks of the electoral roll, and may request you to either fax or post to us proof of your address and a copy of the credit card and recent statement before issuing any tickets.
6. The transmission of threatening, defamatory, pornographic, political or racist material or any material that is otherwise unlawful is expressly prohibited.
7. The site and any content may not be modified, copied, transmitted, distributed, sold, displayed, licensed, or reproduced in any way by you, except if you wish to make copies of the website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
8. This user agreement is between you and Explorer Travel and is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
If you wish to contact us on any issue detailed in these terms you may do so by contacting our customer services.
In order for us to assist with your query as quickly as possible, please make sure that you have your order number before you call us. In most cases we can only discuss order information with the person who made the booking or one of the passengers on a booking.